Last updated: March 30, 2022
- Registrar and its contact information
- What data can be collected from me?
- What is my data used for?
- How is my data stored and secured?
- Who processes my personal data?
- How long is my data stored?
- What are my rights?
- How can I obtain my personal data stored in the system?
- How can I influence the use of my data?
- Is my personal data shared with third parties?
- Are cookies used on the store website and what are they?
- How to contact?
Flaxwood.com is committed to the protection of the privacy of its customers and offers the ability to influence how data is used; if you wish, you can restrict the use of your data on the website.
The data we collected can be grouped into the following categories: provided by the user, identified through web service use, and derived from analytics.
We use the data for purposes such as providing a secure service, improving product recommendations and marketing, and developing our customer service and online store.
2. Registrar and its contact information
The registrar of the personal data:
Flaxwood Oy (Business ID 1974471-2)
For more information, contact:
3. What data can be collected from me?
- Data provided by user, or identifying data
- Identification information, e.g., name
- National identification number to identify customer when signing a credit agreement
- Contact information, e.g., address, email address, and phone number
- Payment information, including credit agreements and other billing information
- Location data for estimating delivery time, with customer’s consent
- Google, Facebook, or Microsoft login email address and certificate
- Information based on service use and derived via analytics
- Purchase history, e.g., items ordered and their pricing information
- Delivery information, such as chosen delivery method and delivery address
- Product reviews
- Online store use and browsing data and device ID information
- Data and identifiers used for product recommendations and other targeted content
The primary source of this data is the user. In addition, we may receive additional information from our partners such as the credit service provider. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, we inform the customer of personal data received from third parties upon first contacting the customer, or within one month of receiving the data.
4. What is my personal data used for?
- Maintaining the customer relationship
- Order delivery, processing, and archival
- Development of Flaxwood.com operations and services
- Improving the user experience
- Analytics and statistical purposes
- Providing more personal targeted content and marketing
- Preventing irregularities
- Providing better customer service
All data is processed in accordance with the relationship or agreement with the customer, use of the website, the customer’s explicit consent, or legal principles.
5. How is my data stored and secured?
All personal data is protected from unauthorized access and accidental or illegal deletion, modification, sharing, transfer, and other unlawful processing of the data.
Flaxwood.com customer data is stored within the EU. The data centers and the technical and process security used for the store systems are highly advanced.
Our personal data storage and technical solutions comply with proper data protection practices. The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation is adhered to in our processing of personal data.
All access to personal data is monitored in accordance with proper practices.
6. Who can access my personal data?
Customer data is accessible only to Flaxwood.com employees, and our staff has been trained to use the data in a secure and ethical manner. Every staff member only sees the amount of customer data which is absolutely required for the completion of their job tasks.
We cooperate with trusted contract partners, which allows data to be transferred to a third party. The contract agreements with our partners are compliant with the requirements of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and other legislation. More information regarding third parties can be found in the chapter “Is my personal data shared with third parties?”
Company responsible for data processing:
Flaxwood Oy (Business ID 1974471-2)
7. How long is my data stored?
We only retain your personal data for the time required for the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, some data may be stored for longer if required for legal obligations such as accounting and consumer trade responsibilities and exhibiting proper proof of such.
Upon submitting an order, the data you submit is stored in the Flaxwood.com system so we can keep you up to date regarding your order.
At the customer’s request, personal data pertaining to the customer can be deleted from or anonymized in the Flaxwood.com systems. Deletion and anonymization are irreversible processes, and deleted customer accounts cannot be restored.
Certain data is legally mandated to be stored for longer periods of time, e.g., for the following purposes:
- The Finnish Accounting Act defines longer retention times for the data regardless of whether the material contains personal data
- Meeting responsibilities pertaining to consumer trade
- System log data is collected and stored in a manner prescribed by law, to ensure a legal and secure online store for our customers
- Store databases and systems must be sufficiently backed up to keep the data secure, correct errors, and ensure data security and continuity
8. What are my rights?
As our customer, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data, including the right to a copy of your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- On certain conditions, request restricting data processing or oppose the processing of personal data
Furthermore, if data processing is dependent on explicit consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the legality of any data processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. You can change your settings on the account management page.
To submit a request regarding the use of your rights, please contact our customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org). The request must be sufficiently identifying for our customer service to prove your identity. We shall inform you in the event your request cannot be fully met, e.g., we are unable to delete all data we are legally mandated and authorized to retain.
If you identify any issues with the processing or your data or it is unlawful, you have the right to file a complaint to a data protection authority.
9. How can I obtain my personal data stored in the system?
You may request the data stored in Flaxwood.com systems from account management or by contacting us via email: email@example.com
More detailed information regarding the personal data we collect can be found in the “What data can be collected from me?” chapter.
10. How can I influence the use of my data?
Flaxwood.com is committed to provide its customers opportunities to choose how their data is processed.
You can personally decide if you wish for targeted marketing or added value services and opt in or out of various marketing communications. The customer can also close their account at any time and ask Flaxwood.com to delete their personal data by contacting our customer service.
Important! In some cases, not all data can be deleted, and legislation may require some of the customer’s data to be retained.
11. Is my personal data shared with third parties?
We may share certain essential information with third parties to ensure delivery, or for marketing purposes.
We also use customer data for analytics and personalization purposes with third parties. We utilize data about purchasing habits and browsing information with our partners in order to better provide you with products and offers you may be interested in. All data used for analytics and personalization purposes is anonymized or pseudonymized wherever possible. Only we are able to connect this pseudonymized data to your name.
If necessary, we may also share data with authorities. For such information requests, we also always notify the customer if legally permitted.
We share data with the following third parties:
- Analytics and statistics partners
- Product recommendation and personalization partners
- Email marketing partners, if the customer chooses to receive the weekly newsletter, communication based on browsing history, or product review requests
- SMS partner, if sending text messages is allowed
- Logistics company, if the chosen delivery method is collection point delivery, nearest post office, or home delivery
- Payment provider on card payments
- Billing operator, when the chosen payment method is Flaxwood.com invoice
- Customs on tax-free purchases
- Debt collection companies, when collection is required
When transferring and processing data, Flaxwood.com ensures high-level data security and protection in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Functional cookies and local storage are used for purposes such as customer identification, maintaining logins, estimated delivery times, and shopping cart functions. For these functions, using and accepting cookies and local storage is required. Functional cookies from the server and local storage variables are stored in the browser from 15 minutes to 24 months, unless specifically removed via browser settings. Visiting the website resets all cookies and local storage variables if enabled in the browser.
For analytics and targeted marketing, our partners and technologies such as pixel tags and cookies help us better understand the behavior of our customers and inform us which products, functions, and services our customers are interested in. The data used is anonymized wherever possible. Otherwise, data is processed as personal insofar as the identifier contains identifying customer data, such as their IP address. All identifiers that can be connected to the customer in any way are also processed as personal data. Identifiers are valid for 30 seconds – 24 months.
We utilize Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google AdWords, Google Display Network, and Google DoubleClick in the use of our website, analytics related to popular products, trends, and sales and, should you consent, targeted marketing. Data sent to Google only contains anonymized or pseudonymized information. Read more about Google Analytics data processing.
You can also choose to opt out of identifiers used for targeted marketing by enabling the Do Not Track function on your browser and setting the browser to reject third party cookies. When logged in to your customer account, the account management privacy settings override the browser’s Do Not Track function.
15. How to contact?